The wandering clouds and the chirping birds
The fallen leaves and the cool breeze
The sunset on the horizon and the twinkling stars
The waves on the sea and the dew on the grass
The brush of the wind on my face and hair
Tell me to stop running and notice them
Tell me to stop trying so hard
Tell me to stop pretending to be so busy
Tell me to touch and feel them
The sound of the clock ticking away
The voice of the pigeon on my window-sill
The cycle bell of the daily milkman
The thud on my floor of the morning newspaper
The happy laughter of innocent urchins on the bus-stop
These are a few sounds which have ceased to exist
Lost in numerous meetings and keeping with deadlines
Drowned in the roaring traffic and the noise of local trains
These sound which we do not hear anymore;
Are living in our very own world, with a freedom of their own,
Whereas we are leading a baseless existence in noiseless chambers
Having no time for a walk to the nearby park
No time to have an ice-cream at the corner
No time for the regular visit to the “panipuriwallah”
No time to surprise a friend by dropping in unannounced
So caught up are we in our hectic schedules
That we have stopped LIVING
“We are merely existing”
So friends, stop running before its too late
Take a deep breath in the fresh air
And make way to feel a welcome change!!….START LIVING!!
I had written this way back in Dec 2004, now going back to this I feel that I have implemented quite a few things in my life.....I can now hear those sounds which are so missed in our lives
I had this poem on my desk since last one year and glancing at it daily serves as a reminder to me....
I am Happy that I have Started Living!! :-)
Friday, March 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment